ICC confirms arrest of African war crimes suspect

The International Criminal Court has confirmed that  a former Central African Republic (CAR) commander of the “Seleka” faction suspected of war crimes and crimes against humanity, is now in its custody.

In a statement, Sunday, the court said Mahamat Said Abdel Kain had surrendered to the court on Sunday and had been arrested under a warrant issued under seal on Jan. 7 2019, relating to alleged crimes from 2013. A date for his initial appearance in The Hague has not yet been set.

Reuters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *